It’s officially Fall and we’re in the mood for some donuts. So if you take Pun Pantry and team them up with Nina Levine of Bakes 2 To Tango – you know you’re in for a super hero duo! Check out Nina’s SWEET INSTAGRAM and be sure to make these donuts. If you don’t want to be a loner like Peter Parker there is no better way to make friends than by making cider donuts. When you BITE into these you will transform into a whole new person (calories included). Making these this fall season will have people WRITING all about you. There’s no better way to impress your Mary Jane – or save the day. These are the best donuts on the WEB!
The Amazing CIDERMAN Donut RecipePrint This
- 2 cups of apple cider
- 3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- Vegetable Oil
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
(1) Bring apple cider to a boil for about 10 minutes. Cool the cider.
(2) Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg,
and all spice.
(3) In a different bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, and cider.
(4) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. It will combine into a dough.
(5) Refrigerate and cover for 1 hour.
(6) Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the coating.
(7) Take the dough out and put on a floured surface. Roll out to about ½ inch thickness and
cup into a donut shape. You can use a cup and a bottle cap to keep it easy!
(8) Heat up the vegetable oil to 325° (using a candy thermometer. They’re not too expensive
and they really come in handy!). You’ll need enough oil to make sure the donuts aren’t
touching the bottom. I usually do about 6 cups.
(9) Place the donuts in the hot oil and fry about 90 seconds to 2 minutes each side. *I usually
only fry 3 at a time or else the oil cools too much
(10) Place the donuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture you prepared in step 6.
(11) Repeat for all donuts (you may need more cinnamon sugar).
(12) Be ready to be the next Amazing Ciderman!