King Kong the most legendary cinematic character of all time is now smashing pumpkins and feeding pie lovers. This pie will have you destroying everything in your way for another piece. We’re so happy to again work with Nina of Bakes 2 To Tango who is a legend when it comes to baking. Check out her Instagram for appetizing pics of her baked goods and learn the recipes on her blog!
Pumpking Kong Pie RecipePrint This
- Pie Ingredients:
- 1, 15oz can pumpkin
- 1, 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 premade pie crust (I used the one from Trader Joe's!).
- Homemade Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 T powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (add more if you want stronger cinnamon flavor)
(1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
(2) Roll out the pie crust and place in a pie tin.
(3) Using a Kitchen Aid or hand mixer, whisk together all the ingredients
(4) Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust
(5) Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees F for another 40 minutes. I usually check around 35 minutes and then adjust the time based on how clean the toothpick comes out. The pie will be done when you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean
(6) While the pie cools, combined heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and powdered sugar and whip until it forms stiff peaks
(7) When the pie is fully cooled, add a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream and ENJOY!