Even Sean Combs himself can’t explain all of his name changes but to us he will always be Puff Daddy. And in honor of the showbiz superstar we’ve teamed up with Chef Sana Rehman to create a real Bad Boy of a dessert – the CREAM PUFF DADDY! A fun treat to make these will have you in the kitchen singing “Can’t nobody hold me down”! The only problem is after you’ve finished eating them your playlist will switch to “I’ll be missing you”! After you share these treats it’s almost a guarantee that whoever has one they’ll be willing to walk 10 miles for another just like Puff’s request for cheesecake in Making The Band. Enjoy being a power mogul of your kitchen and be sure to check out Chef Sana Rehman and her awesomely delicious creations.
Cream Puff Daddy RecipePrint This
- Puff Daddy Shell
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- Whipped Cream Filling
- 2 Cups Good Quality Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 4 Tablespoons Confectioners’ Sugar to dust on top
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips, melted to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place water, butter, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over stove.
- Once it’s at a boil turn off stove and add in flour as you are whisking quickly.
- Whisk until it forms a smooth dough; this should take about a minute.
- Allow the dough to cool to 125 degrees.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat until the dough is smooth once again. You can also do this step in a food processor.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, portion dough onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees and then 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting puff shells in half.
- Place cold heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a chilled mixing bowl and whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon this whipped cream into the center of cooled Puff Daddy shells.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate and serve immediately.